Education and Training Seminars/Workshops
With this service, we provide Education and Training Seminars on a wide range of topics. These seminars can be either performed in-house as part of our Corporate Wellness program for Companies or externally for specific groups of professions outside of their working hours who have specific requirements. For example, Retirement seminars for doctors/Teachers/Nurses Redundancy Seminar etc.
1. In-house Training and Education Workshops
These workshops can be performed on an ad hoc basis or on a more consistent basis (as part of our Corporate Financial Wellness Program). They usually take place in the premises of the company and within working hours.
Some of the topics covered in the workshops include;
- Pension Benefits and entitlements of a Specific Corporations pension scheme (Public and Private sector schemes)
- AVCs – The advantages and disadvantages of having one
- Payslip Analysis and your tax credits P60, P21, P45 explained
- How to do your own Personal Tax Return
- Understanding Insurance – Mortgage Protection, Life Cover, Serious Illness, and Income Protection explained
- Mortgages (First time buyers and Switcher Mortgages)
- Preparing for Retirement
- Other topics on request of Senior Management
These seminars and workshops can be specifically tailored towards the employees’ of a specific corporation.
2. External Seminars for Specific Professionals
These seminars are tailored for specific groups of professionals. They are undertaken outside of their work hours and have no affiliation with the attendees’ work. It is basically independent advice on a specific topic. Please see below some of these seminars which we undertake on a regular basis;
- State pension entitlements
- Explanation of specific Employees pensions scheme and how their pension entitlements are calculated
- Overseas pensions and the various transfer options available
- The various pension options for non-Irish residents in transferring their pension out of Ireland
- Demonstrating the most tax efficient method in drawing down pension benefits
We provide financial advice to a specific groups/professionals in relation to their retirement options and how to tax efficiently prepare for their future retirement. Again, these seminars are tailored to the audience that we are specking to. Some of the point’s covered in previous seminars include
Public Sector Retirement Seminars
These seminars are specifically designed for public sector works such as Teachers, HSE employees etc. Public sector pensions can be quite complex, so we provide detailed seminar covering the following points;
- How to calculate years of service
- How to read and understand retirement papers
- How to calculate Tax Free Lump Sum and Pension entitlements
- AVC options and whether or not a ‘Last Minute AVC’ is required
- Buying back Notional and Actual years of Service
- The most tax efficient way of drawing down pension benefits
- Calculating actual take home pay on a monthly basis from pension income
Why Promoting Employee Financial Wellness is Crucial
1.39% of those surveyed indicated that they have not made any retirement savings calculations.
2.75% of pre-retirees in Ireland are not confident that they will save enough for retirement while 65% expect to never retire.
3.Over 90% of those surveyed really value an Employee Financial Wellness program when offered by their employer.
Overall, the results suggest that employers have an opportunity to play a crucial role in addressing current investment and financial planning roadblocks for individuals.
Benefits of Financial Wellness
An effectively designed employee financial wellness program can help employers:
-Increase productivity, because employees aren’t distracted by financial worries.
-Result in improved physical health (people with high levels of financial stress are more prone to sickness).
-Reduce absenteeism as a result
-Increase employee engagement and retention.
-Create more affordable retirement opportunities for all employees and enable career advancement opportunities for younger employees.
Having a clear understanding of the business benefits of financial wellness, integrated within the overall wellness and HR talent/acquisition strategy ensures corporate commitment and is key to a successful financial wellness program.
With this service, we provide workshops and seminars to individuals who have been offered redundancies from their employer. This can be a traumatic time for both employees and management as there is a lot of uncertainty around what each employee is entitled to from the package. We explain the facts in relation to each package and explain the tax efficient and viable options in drawing down this package. We also explore the impact this redundancy package has on each employee’s pension.
Please note that we provide this service on behalf of the company offering the redundancy and also on request of a group of employees who want individual advice/education on their specific package that has been offered to them.