For the Public sector retirement benefit, the amount is deducted from the employee’s salary over a number of years to contribute towards their Public Sector Superannuation Pre-2013 scheme.
Public Sector Superannuation Pre-2013 Scheme Plans Galway, Ireland
In Ireland, superannuation plans apply to public servants who started earning pensionable public service income before 2013. Those who started working in 2013 or later have a single public service pension scheme.
It was easy to calculate the pension in the Local Government Superannuation Scheme that existed before the Single Public Service Pension Scheme. There were different sets of rules on retirement age and your final salary amount was taken into account to calculate your pension. now the average amount you earned in your public service period, is calculated.
Galway Pension System
In your entire service period, you earn entitlements as a public servant, The benefits and entitlements are calculated accordingly with each scheme. In the superannuation scheme Pre-2013 the benefits are very important, as you calculate the pension entitlements.
The tax-free lump sum and pension entitlements are roughly 40% more with the Pre-2013 scheme than the post-2013 scheme.
Money Maximizing Advisors generates in-depth detailed reports for our clients that include.
- Tax-Free Lumps sums and annual pension calculations
- The implications of retiring early, resigning/leaving the public service, taking a career break, or unpaid leave.
- Retiring on Cost Neutral grounds
- Retiring on ill health Grounds
- whether you are overfunded or underfunded
- The tax implications of the AVC Funds on retirement
- guide you to utilize AVCs to maximize your Tax-free lump sum amount
- We help you decide whether you should start, stop, or restart your AVCs
- We guide you completely about, when these are required and how to set up/draw down these funds
- Sick Pay Entitlements, when and how can you get these benefits?
- Death in Service Entitlements, how to go about the entire process
- Spouses and Children’s Benefits, what best can be done for them.
PLANNING YOUR RETIREMENT FUNDS, THE EXPERT WAY
Coming to your financial planning and investments, there is no single approach that fits perfectly for all investors. That’s why at Money Maximizing Advisors, We offer the best financial advisors who give you personalized financial advisory services that are specific to your own financial well-being and goals.
We have over 20 years of experience in providing financial planning and advice, we offer nationwide coverage with a head office in Galway, Ireland, We have Multi-agency Mortgage and Insurance Brokerage services and specialize in pension planning for both pre- and post-retirees, with vast knowledge and experience in all public sector superannuation schemes.
MONEY MAXIMISING ADVISORS LTD. IS FULLY REGULATED BY THE CENTRAL BANK OF IRELAND
We Are a Team of Experienced Tax Advisors, Certified Financial Planners (CFP), And Qualified Financial Advisors (QFA) Specialising in Financial Advice for Both Private and Public Sectors.
Talk to us at +353 91 393 125
Mail us at [email protected]
Or visit our office at Unit 3, Office 6, Liosban Business Park, Tuam Rd, Galway, Ireland