Public Sector Employee
If you are a public-sector worker, for example a nurse or doctor, teacher or lecturer, a guard or an army officer etc, then you need specialized financial advice as your benefits and entitlements are both complex and unique to other sectors. Our team has vast expertise in the public sector as well as the private sector and so can be of great benefit to you. We sit down with you and go through your superannuation benefits and entitlements.
We help you understand and work out:
- When you can retire and your reckonable years of service
- Calculating your tax-free lump sum entitlements and pension income on retirement.
- Working out your final pensionable renumeration.
- If you have a tax free lump sum shortfall that you need to fund for.
- AVC options and whether they are a viable option for you.
- Calculating whether you are under or over funded in your AVC if you have one.
- Buying back Notional and Actual years of service and whether it is cost efficient to do so.
- Explain your Death in Service and sick pay entitlements in detail.
- If you are nearing retirement we can show you a step by step process of how to tax efficiently draw down your pension.
- Calculating your actual take home pay on a monthly basis from your pension income on and after retirement age.
- Payslip Analysis.
- Whether or not you are on the correct pay scale.
- Mortgage advice for public sector employees for both first time buyers and existing mortgage holders.
- Tax return advice.
If you are a public sector employee and have an questions you would like answered, please fill in the contact form below.
*For more information on Superannuation please click here.
*For more information on Public Sector AVCs please click here.